Here at Actions for Survival we care about your health, and more importantly, we care about teaching you how to reduce the risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, obesity and strokes.
One of the biggest things to get under control to help prevent all of the above is your weight, and the best way to do that is by eating healthy & being active every day!
February is 5+ a day month and that makes this a great time to start eating healthier and extending your quality of life!
Tips to eating healthier
– Eat 5+ a day Fruit and Vegetables; at least 3 servings of veges each day and 2 servings of fruit.
– Eat at least 6 servings of Breads and Cereals each day, choosing wholegrain whenever possible.
– Eat at least 2 servings of milk/milk products each day.
– Eat at least 1 serving of Lean meat, chicken, eggs, beans and fish each day.
– Drain and cut off fat, reduce salt, cook at home when you can and watch your juice intake.
– Don’t forget to drink water!
Tips to get active
– Go for a walk; either by yourself or with the dog.
– Do some gardening, wash the car, dance or clean.
– Go swimming.
– Take the stairs where possible.
– Include a 30 minute exercise plan into your daily life.
Remember, being healthy means being active and eating well to maintain a healthy body, it doesn’t mean dieting on and off and doing something you don’t enjoy. This is to enable you to feel good about yourself!
Please note; all of this information is advisory only. If you have any specific dietary requirements please see your GP or if you wish to know more about the First Aid treatment of the above conditions, please make a booking with us!